Civil Engineer/TechnologistAt FNX-INNOV, we strive day after day to redefine engineering without barriers. We are a multidisciplinary engineering company with an innovative DNA, positioned today as a leader in creating solutions for the future, thanks to the creativity of our 1,100 experts in 20 offices across Canada.
Recognized for our innovation, technical and technological performance and customer service, we offer a full range of services in environment, energy, infrastructure, water treatment, building, industrial and mining engineering, telecommunications, earth sciences, materials engineering and project and construction management.
In 2023, we joined the global engineering group Artelia and became their platform for development in North America. By joining forces, we are multiplying our expertise, diversifying our service offering, gaining access to a wide variety of projects of all sizes and locations, and opening up career development opportunities worldwide.
Together, with a presence on five continents and more than 8,500 employees, we will carry out our projects around the world with the determination to constantly contribute, throughout our activities, to having a positive impact on the environment and society.
Join one of our multidisciplinary teams today, and let's create the future together!
Work location: Mississauga
Within the Energy department, as a Civil Engineer/Technologist:
- Design drawings from databases provided by the client according to the project such as topographic survey, site plan, etc.;
- Design projects for existing high voltage distribution and transformer stations, such as storm sewer system, drainage, culverts, roadways (access road) and landscaping;
- Prepare and complete detailed drawings and drainage calculations as required under the direction of the Project Manager;
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specifications and other data;
- Prepare and develop turn radius simulations with software assistance for given projects;
- Carry out estimates of quantities such as volume of materials, length, etc. from the CivilCad 3D software;
- Ensure quality control before submitting drawings;
- Verify drawings to ensure that they conform to the client's specifications and data;
- Complete documentation and produce drawing sets;
- Manage and order drawings from our customers;
- Maintain input files and drawings issued.
- Engineering Degree or College diploma (DEC) in civil engineering;
- 4 to 8 years of experience in High Voltage Substations;
- Mandatory experience in Civil Cad3D 2018 or more recent, AutoTurn 8.2 and AutoCAD 2020 (an asset) and Microsoft utilities;
- Experience in ECA applications and master class in station storm sewer system, drainage, culverts, roadways (access road) and landscaping;
- Knowledge of surveying data (an asset);
- Attention to detail (production of highly detailed and accurate drawings);
- Be innovative and autonomous;
- Sense of initiative;
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, technicians and drafters in multidisciplinary projects;
- Excellent communication, leadership and teamwork skills and respect for deadlines;
- Sense of observation, curiosity, ingenuity to participate in the design of projects;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.